Main Purpose of the Role
As a Quality Engineer you will receive excellent training and support while you work alongside our professional quality team. You will report directly into the Quality Systems Manager and provide support and assistance to ensure all department and company objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generating and implementing quality plans to meet customer requirements
- Completing required inspections and ensuring the smooth transition of products into production
- Driving non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities
- Managing and hosting customer audits and source inspection activities
- Ensuring inspection process adherence
- Building PPAPs
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA / PFMEA and Kaizen
- Background in Manufacturing – Ideally Aerospace, Automotive or similar
- Solid product development and production technical skills
- Good knowledge of quality management systems and audit
- Understanding of QA and QC methods, problem solving, etc.
- Strong time and project management skills
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A practical approach for continuous improvement
- Qualified to HNC or similar standard in Quality Engineering.
Superior Seals Limited, Nimrod Way, Ferndown Industrial Estate, BH21 7SH
Full time/part time