IT Support Technician Apprentice
With its own in-house training Academy and engineering workshop, Superior can support you during your entire Apprenticeship. The Company has been recognised for having one of the best Apprenticeship programmes in the UK by the National Apprenticeship Service and was awarded the prestigious Princess Royal Training Award in 2018 for its investment in apprenticeships, training and development of its employees.
Superior is a leading UK manufacturer of high integrity o-rings, seals and special mouldings.
ABOUT THE APPRENTICESHIP:
This apprenticeship offers you the chance to achieve an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 in IT.
Your first year at Superior will be spent full time with our IT Engineer who will support you through your training and apprenticeship. One day a week will be spent at Bournemouth and Poole College, to ensure you get a full understanding of the role of an IT Support Technician.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn. Your main roles and responsibilities will include
- Answering customer support enquiries in a ‘first point of contact’ capacity
- Resolving low level fixes with a view to resolving more complex issues as experience and knowledge increases
- Monitoring and updating our help-desk software with information on support calls
- Installing, maintaining, repairing and removing software, hardware and other equipment as appropriate
- Maintain and update supporting IT documentation and procedures
- You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills (both written & spoken) and a brilliant telephone manner
- You will possess a natural ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- You will have excellent timekeeping skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
- You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills
- You will possess a clear and identifiable interest in technology
The company require an enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within IT. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE maths and English or equivalent and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Superior Seals Limited, Nimrod Way, Ferndown Industrial Estate, BH21 7SH
Full time/part time