Environment, Health and Safety Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This is an exciting position with forthcoming retirement of our current Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager. The role is a good opportunity for a motivated and driven EHS professional, who is looking to develop their career within a business that takes great pride in manufacturing best practice. Superior is looking for a progressive professional with a good engaging attitude, who will ensure the business is compliant and up to date with EHS legislation and best practice.
Reporting to the Directors, the successful candidate will work with the management team coordinating and advising on all areas of EHS compliance at five factories in Dorset.
Key responsibilities will include
- Manage compliance with ISO14001:2015, by arranging internal audits and representing the business at external assessment and re-certification audits.
- Working with the Quality Department to arrange a schedule of internal audits of the EMS and as part of the Internal audit team for the QMS.
- Chair EHS Management review meetings as required.
- Monitor EHS regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and report on relevant EHS Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintain the EHS and Corporate Social Responsibility Policies and the EHS management systems and manuals.
- Assist with or take the lead in accident, incident and near miss investigations to ensure root causes are identified and appropriate corrective action plans implemented.
- Ensure service contracts are maintained for fire and security systems.
- Ensure testing of fire alarms, emergency lights and portable appliances are carried out in a timely manner.
- Arrange for statutory inspections under LOLER, PSSR and COSHH regulations.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to ensure all contractors are approved to carry out work on site.
- Managing waste disposal contracts across sites including records of hazardous and general waste transfers and waste carriers.
- Building/maintaining business relationships with various external parties including regulators.
- Identification of EHS training needs and providing or arranging training as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent/higher health and safety qualifications such as Nebosh diploma, NVQ level 3 or 4.
- IOSH memberships such as TechIOSH, GradIOSH or working towards CMIOSH or equivalent.
- Experience and knowledge of EHS and Quality management systems and compliance to ISO standards ideally ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- Experience in auditing ISO standard management systems.
- Ability to respond accurately and effectively to EHS support enquiries.
- Good time management and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Confident in all methods of communication.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional competence.
- Good influencing skills.
Desirable qualities/experience of
- EHS experience within the manufacturing industries such as rubber or plastic injection moulding, chemical processing, engineering workshops or laboratory environments.
- Experience of hazardous waste classification, waste segregation and waste disposal.
Superior Seals Limited, Nimrod Way, Ferndown Industrial Estate, BH21 7SH
Full time/part time
Negotiable, depending on experience