At Superior, we’re as focused on excellence in our people as we are on our products.
We believe one directly benefits the other – that’s why we created our award-winning Academy.
This is where we invest in people – the trainees, apprentices and graduates who come here with an opportunity to build the firm foundations for a career they love, in an environment they can thrive in.
Do you ever get asked the question – what do you want to do when you leave school? If you’re not sure, work experience can be a wonderful way to find out!
We encourage as many students as possible to come to Superior for work experience. We offer placements in both Science and Engineering.
If you have applied for our Apprenticeship Programme, we’d also love for you to come in for a few days, so we can get to know you and vice versa.
We promise that you won’t just be shadowing (boring!) we’ll give you interesting, practical and valuable experience in Science or Engineering. Such as supporting our industry experts with experiments and testing or designing and making something that you can take home with you. All of this is done in a safe controlled environment with supervision from our Training Manager.
We usually take work experience students from March – July for 2- 3 days but we’re flexible so you tell us what works for you.
Complete the form below and someone from our Training Academy will be in touch.
Great! How do I apply?
Applying for trainee, apprenticeship and graduate placement programmes at Superior is a simple three-step process:
- Complete and submit the form below, attaching your CV and telling us what makes you ‘Superior’.
- Take a simple comprehension test and a practical assessment, so we can develop an idea of where your skills might take you.
- Have a brief face-to-face interview with the Head Of Academy and the Training Manager.
When you apply for our Apprenticeship Programme, the most important thing to remember is to make yourself stand out. We want you to succeed so we have put some useful tips to help you out.
Your Application and CV:
- Check your spelling and then check it again
- Include information that is going to make you stand out
- Write your application yourself
- You can add pictures to your CV, so it brings to life the examples you use
- Personal presentation is extremely important. What lasting impression do you wish to leave us with?
- Communication is a key skill we look for; look at the people interviewing you, show them you want the opportunity available
- Research the company so you can impress us with your knowledge
- Ask lots of questions (the harder the better!)
- Bring along something you have made or example of work
- Don’t be late! Leave plenty of time and look up the address beforehand
- Most important of all, try and enjoy it. The people interviewing you want you to do well